Tools we use – our favorite applications
We like to give you a short overview about some tools we like and use frequently. So these tools are a great help in the development of our applications and realisation of our ideas.
For our app development
- Gitlab – offers a wide set of functionalities and allows us to store and maintain our code. So we intensively use the issue tracker for planning our development tasks and maintaining our product backlog.
- Cocoon – is an Apache Cordova based cloud service which is used to build apps out of HTML5 code. This is how we create our app releases for the App Store and the PlayStore.
- C9.io (now AWS Cloud9) – to develop collaborative we use this cloud based IDE and like its features.
- TexturePacker (https://www.codeandweb.com/texturepacker) – The spritesheet help to optimize memory usage in games. Due to our developer create our app spritesheet with this excellent tool.
For creating our artwork, we sometimes use just pen and paper and then a scanner. But if we are digital, we have some favourite applications.
- Inkscape – most of our artwork is vector based. So our main and beloved tool for creating our graphics is Inkscape. Because in our opinion it is the best free and open source vector graphics editor.
- XnView – is an easy and fast image viewer with a great batch tool features. Therefore we often use it to transform, resize or convert multiple images automatically.
We are a distributed team and work most of the time remote. Therefore a good communication tool is a must.
- Slack – is our main communication platform. For this reason we use it to share ideas, to keep decisions and to message.
For different tasks our development and marketing often use this small web-based applications.
- TinyPNG – compressing images and be aware of the quality. This makes applications and websites smaller and faster.
- Littera – creating text and font sheets for our apps. Upload your font and create image maps.
- BeFunky Collage Maker – creating nice collages for our tweets and social media activities.
- EZGIF.com – we create our animated GIFs with this little tool.
There are many options and channels to market your app ideas. We mostly use the following:
Feel free to follow us somewhere ? or give us your feedback about the tools you know and use!
- The outstanding tools and applications we use (update 2023)
- Keeping Your Apps Secure and Up-to-Date: Google’s Target API Requirements
- Even better App Store updates and maintenance!
- How to take your app store presence to another level with A/B Testing
- Boost your app with these ten quick and efficient strategies