Costs for an App Store translation
The Translation Calculator allows app developers and publishers to calculate their app description translation costs.
For localizing your App Store and Play Store listings, you can order translations directly within Google Play Console or on other platforms. How much are the costs for a translation? You can calculate them here.
Google Play allows:
- Title: 50 characters
- Short description: 80 characters
- Full description: 4000 characters
- Languages: 79 different languages or dialects
Apple App Store allows:
- Name: 30 characters
- Subtitle: 30 characters
- Version information: 4000 characters
- Promotional text: 170 characters
- Keywords: 100 characters
- Description: 4000 characters
Average word lengths are:
- English: 5.1 characters/ word
- German: 6.2 characters/ word
- Russian: 5.28 characters/ word
- Google charges 0.07 $ per word
- Other translators charge around 0.10 $ per word
The App Store Localizer charges nothing!
App Store Localization
Our App Store Localizer enables you to manage your app descriptions for your iOS and Android apps.
Provide your basic app descriptions such as titles, keywords, short or long descriptions. Upload translations or use the automatic translation feature. Transfer your validated result directly to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or schedule a time and date.